Do you know what Harvey Norman’s return policy in Singapore is? Well, you are at the perfect place to find the answer to such a question.
Harvey Norman in Singapore will accept returns within ten working days from the date you receive your goods. Items may be returned if they arrive faulty or damaged, you receive the incorrect item, or the goods do not match the website’s description. Products must be unopened, unused, and returned with proof of purchase.
Table of Contents
What is Harvey Norman’s return policy in Singapore?
Harvey Norman in Singapore will accept returns of items within ten working days of receiving your goods.
Items which are unopened and unused must be returned alongside proof of purchase within the allocated time.
Returned items will be inspected to ensure the returns claim is valid; if it is, your return will be processed. If not, the items will be sent back to you.
Read also >> Home Depot Return Policy (Full Guide)
What does Harvey Norman’s return policy cover?
Items are considered eligible for return for three reasons:
- Products which are damaged or defective when you receive them,
- Products you did not order i.e. the wrong item arrives,
- Products that do not match the description or specifications on the website.
What cannot be returned under Harvey Norman’s return policy?
Some items cannot be returned to Harvey Norman in Singapore, for a number of reasons. One such reason is hygiene, whereby an item cannot be returned as it cannot be resold or reused, unless the item has not been opened.
Items which cannot be returned (unless unopened) due to hygiene include:
- Bedsheets, duvets, pillows,
- Personal care, health, and fitness products,
- Consumable products like coffee capsules.
Items which are altered or used in any way also cannot be returned:
- Ink cartridges and toners that have been opened and used,
- TVs once they have been wall-mounted,
- Any device (such as laptops, computers, games, and tablets) with a security seal that has been damaged or tampered with,
- Any electrical appliance, including kitchen appliances, IT, cameras, and accessories,
- Mattresses or assembled furniture.
Items which have been customized or made to order are not eligible for return:
- Bed linen,
- Any assembled furniture.
How long does it take to make a return to Harvey Norman?
Harvey Norman stores in Singapore will accept returns within ten working days from the date you receive your items.
During this period, you can return your item by visiting your local Harvey Norman store or contacting the Customer First Team online. Returned items will be inspected to ensure your return is valid.
Once your item has been sent or picked up by the courier, it will usually be received within seven working days. Your refund should be processed and arrive shortly after, depending on your method of payment.
For credit cards, you should expect your refund to be processed and arrive to you within around fourteen days.
What do you need to make a return?
Like many stores, Harvey Norman has some requirements that must be fulfilled in order for a return to be accepted and processed.
For refunds to be accepted, items must be returned in specific conditions:
- Items must be sent back with proof of purchase, usually an invoice number and receipt,
- Sealed items must be unopened,
- Products must be unused, uninstalled, and without any form of data input,
- Items must be in brand new condition, in the original packaging, and alongside any accessories that came with it (e.g. manuals, certificate of authenticity, warranty cards). You must also return any free gifts you received with the purchase.
Can items be exchanged at Harvey Norman?
With Harvey Norman’s Confidence+, items can be exchanged rather than refunded if they are returned to Harvey Norman’s Singapore stores within fourteen days.
The process works similarly to returning items for a refund, but you will receive a replacement of the product instead of your money back. Let’s look at some of the key points of Harvey Norman’s exchange policy:
- Items should be unopened; if they have been opened, they must be unused, in the original packaging, and complete with accessories and guarantee card,
- Consumables, personal care products, Apple products, headphones and in-ear headsets, mobile phones, ink cartridges, and games must be unopened,
- Customers are allowed one exchange per purchase,
- Customized and assembled furniture, installed appliances, and display sets are not able to be exchanged.
Pros and cons of Harvey Norman’s return policy
- Harvey Norman in Singapore will typically accept any item for return if they are faulty, damaged in transit, or do not match the description or specification on the website. This means goods returned for a number of different reasons are likely to be accepted for a refund.
- Products returned to Harvey Norman in Singapore are unlikely to be accepted for return if you do not have the receipt or some other form of proof of purchase. Although this is not a rare thing when making returns, it can make it more difficult to return a product that was gifted to you.
- Customers have ten working days to return a faulty, damaged, or incorrect item to Harvey Norman stores. Compared with other stores that offer a thirty- or even sixty-day return period, ten days is a very short return window. It doesn’t offer much time to complete a return, especially for anyone who works during the week.
Harvey Norman stores in Singapore will happily accept returns of faulty, damaged, or incorrect products if they are returned within ten working days of receiving goods.
Items which are unopened, unused, and returned alongside proof of purchase are likely to be accepted for return.
Do you know what Harvey Norman's return policy is? Well, you are at the perfect place to find the answer to such a question. If you live in a country where you are lucky enough to shop at a Harvey...
Do you know what the Sephora return policy in Singapore is? Well, you are at the perfect place to find the answer to such a question. When it comes to shopping, either in person or online, knowing...