Lindsey, do you know what Effy´s Jewelry return policy is? This is one of the questions our readers ask a lot. Well, we´ve got you covered.
If you’re purchasing Effy jewelry, you’ll want to understand all of the ins and outs of doing business with the company. This includes understanding the Effy jewelry return policy, including the warranties and lawsuits associated with them.
Effy does accept jewelry returns both in-store and online. The Effy company offers a Lifetime Warranty for it’s jewelry. Despite these benefits, the company has been threatened with lawsuits thanks to it’s lead glass-filled ruby products.
In this article, we’ll cover not only Effy’s return policy, but we’ll discuss their warranty and possible lawsuits against them, as well as frequently asked questions!
Table of Contents
What is the Effy Jewelry Return Policy?
To get the most out of your experience with Effy Jewelry, you’ll need to know the ins and outs of their jewelry return policy! Below you’ll find a list of facts that will be helpful if you ever find yourself needing to understand this policy:
- Contact the Company – Effy not only asks customers to utilize a Return Merchandise Authorization, which is listed on their website, but they greatly encourage dissatisfied customers to contact them before receiving it. With contact information listed on their website, Effy clearly wants the chance to make any mistakes right with a personal touch.
- Request Return Merchandise Authorization – The Return Merchandise Authorization on Effy’s website involves selecting the return option from a drop-down menu, as well as offering the company your contact information and a message explaining what went wrong with their product.
- Returning in 30 Days – The Effy company offers a return of online orders for refund, merchandise credit, or even an exchange of product if the return is requested within 30 days of the original shipping date.
- Returning in 31 to 45 Days – If you miss the online return period of 30 days, but return the product within 31 to 45 days of the original shipment date, you’re entitled to more limited benefits. For example, a refund will not be issued, but Effy may give you merchandise credit and will still allow product exchanges.
- Returning after 45 Days – If you can’t return your online order any earlier than 45 days after the original shipping date, Effy can only allow an upgrade policy to apply. This means that you can upgrade to a new product in place of the old one, as long as the new purchase is more than twice the price of the original.
- Return With Receipt – Your receipt must be included with your originally purchased product when you return it. Without it, Effy’s upgrade policy and returns made in-person at Effy store locations will be unavailable!
- Custom Order Applications – Returns of custom-made jewelry will typically not be refunded by Effy.
Effy Jewelry Warranties
The most prominent warranty which the Effy company offers is their Limited Lifetime Warranty. The benefit of this warranty is that items that are damaged because of a manufacturing issue will be replaced by the Effy company. The warranty also offers to replace any jewels or injured products under the Limited Lifetime Warranty.
The Limited Lifetime Warranty does not, however, extend to items that are simply worn down over time due to being worn by customers, or abused in the process. The warranty also does not cover replacing jewel stones and does not provide any replacements for theft of jewelry.
Though this Limited Lifetime Warranty does last for the duration of a customer’s life, it can be voided if the customer decides to take the jewelry product to be modified by any other service besides Effy themselves.
Effy’s Warranty Disclaimer
In the Effy company’s Terms of Service, they specifically issue disclaimers to cover their own liability limits in relation to warranties.
For example, customers are made to acknowledge that the seller, Effy, is actually not bound by their warranty’s specific guarantees. This means that even if a piece of Effy jewelry comes with a warranty that states a damaged product will be replaced, Effy doesn’t actually have to follow that agreement.
Effy is, therefore, mostly covered in case of lawsuits filed against them by dissatisfied customers, even in the case of jewelry products that violate their own warranties.
Read also >> Are Effy Diamonds Certified? (All You Need to Know)
Read also >> Is Effy Jewelry Good Quality? (Review + More)
Read also >> Is Effy Jewelry Overpriced? (Brand, Quality + More)
Have Lawsuits Been Filed Against Effy?
One reason jewelry purchasers may be hesitant to buy from the Effy company, even if their return policy and warranties are exemplary, is the rumors of lawsuits against Effy.
Though their jewels are naturally sourced, and many are certified by the Gemological Institute of America, there have been some accusations of fake jewelry leveled against Effy.
One example is found in a report by not only NBC’s Today program, but in a Deleuse Fine Jewelry article.
These state that in July of 2014, the jewels sold at companies like J.C. Penny, Macy’s, and Littman Jewelers all came under scrutiny. Distributed to the retail stores by Effy, the gems, particularly rubies, were said to contain large amounts of glass, making them ingenuine.
Effy responded by claiming that their glass-filled ruby jewelry was in compliance with the requirements of the Federal Trade Commission. Effy further insisted that they did not deceive either their wholesale customers or the retail buyers of their jewelry.
Additionally, reviews like the one posted on the Effy website on January 23, 2019 have included complaints for the same reason. Customers find themselves dissatisfied with Effy’s ruby jewelry because of the lead or glass-filled rubies being sold.
Although these complaints all seem to center around the misrepresentation of genuine products distributed by Effy, the company itself is well-covered against any claims on the subject.
Between the warranties that are disclaimed on their website and the fact that their jewelry is claimed to adhere to the Federal Trade Commission requirements, it may be difficult for any customer to file a successful lawsuit against the Effy company.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions about the Effy jewelry return policy:
Does Effy have a warranty?
According to their website, Effy does offer a lifetime warranty on all of their products, including jewelry, though it is limited.
Does Effy use genuine gemstones?
Effy does use genuine gemstones: that is, they have gems in their jewelry which are sourced naturally, produced in the crust of the earth rather than in a lab.
Though the Effy company may augment their genuine gemstones or treat them, they are only enhancing the beauty that is already present.
What cruise line sells Effy jewelry?
Effy jewelry is sold on Princess Cruises cruise line, so each ship features her own Effy store locations.
Where is Effy jewelry manufactured?
Effy jewelry is manufactured in the United States of America.
How long is the jewelry warranty?
Most jewelers and sellers, including the Effy company, offer warranties that last for the lifetime of the purchaser.
James Allen is the leader in online diamond sales. Their imaging technology is the same as inspecting a diamond with a jeweler's loupe. They have the largest exclusive loose diamond inventory online and fantastic prices.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT THEM:
- No questions asked returns within 30 days of shipment. James Allen will send you a paid shipping label to return the ring.
- Lifetime Warranty
- Free International Shipping
- Free prong tightening, repolishing, rhodium plating and cleaning every 6 months
- Provide insurance appraisals
- One free resizing within 60 days of purchase
- Free ring inscriptions
- Best-in-class high quality imagery of all diamonds in stock
- 24/7 Customer Service
- Best-in-class packaging
To sum it all up, Effy’s jewelry can be returned and refunded, whether online or in person! Typically, this can result in either a cash refund, an exchange of merchandise, or even an upgrade to a different product.
In addition to great refund policies, Effy’s warranties, such as the Limited Lifetime Warranty, allow their products to be repaired and sometimes even replaced in case of damages.
In contrast to these excellent benefits, Effy is under some scrutiny which may lead to lawsuits thanks to their lead glass-filled jewels.
Effy Jewelry is definitely one of a kind, with all sorts of unique designs in vivid colors and special styles. If you are looking for something a little different and attention-grabbing, you will...