Cat and Jack is one of Target’s 48 private brand labels. Begun in 2016, Cat and Jack sell children’s clothing such as tees, leggings, hoodies, school uniforms, and more.
Target developed Cat & Jack by consulting feedback and opinions of a wide range of children. Cat and Jack is Target’s biggest selling clothing brand for kids, due in no small part to its excellent return policy.
Cat and Jack, sold exclusively at Target, offers a one year guarantee for all Cat and Jack clothing. This means that with a receipt, you can return outgrown, torn, or worn out Cat and Jack clothing for a refund or exchange up to a year after purchase. Cat and Jack’s guarantee is especially valuable given how tough kids are on their clothes and how fast they can outgrow them!
Find out more about Cat and Jack’s excellent return policy, including how to make a return for a refund or exchange, in this informative article.
Table of Contents
What is the Cat and Jack brand at Target?
Cat and Jack is one of Target’s exclusive clothing brands targeting children. Cat and Jack clothing can be found online and in stores and ranges from size 4-18 and 2T-5T. Baby Cat and Jack sells clothing in sizes 0-24M.
Cat and Jack is known for durable, stylish children’s clothing sold at a reasonable value. Their clothing is made all the more attractive for savvy shoppers due to the return policy.
Basically, as long as you keep the receipts, within a year, you can return worn, torn, or outgrown Cat and Jack clothes to Target and get brand new replacements!
What is the return policy for Cat and Jack clothing?
According to Target’s return policy, any Target owned brand offers a one-year return window for refunds or exchanges.
Because Cat and Jack is a Target owned brand, this applies to them as well. Cat and Jack even publicizes this policy with a “Guaranteed for One Year” and “Free Returns with Receipt” banner on its website.
The return policy simply states you can return a Target owned brand item for up to one year after purchase if you are not satisfied with it, as long as you have a receipt.
This means Target will accept returns of Cat and Jack clothing that your child has worn out, ripped or torn, or simply lost interest in.
What if I can’t find the receipt?
It can be hard to keep track of receipts, especially for a whole year after purchase. If you’ve lost the original sales receipt, Target has a few methods it can use to track down your Cat and Jack purchase:
- If you have a Target account, item barcodes and receipts can be accessed from your account for both online and in-store purchases. However, in-store purchases are tracked only if you bought them with a credit card associated with your account.
- If you ordered your item online, search for your confirmation emails and locate the item’s barcode on the email. You should receive confirmation emails when the item ships and when it delivers.
- You can attempt to look up the proof of purchase in store. Bring the item and the method used to pay for it to Guest Services. Guest Services can look up receipts on payments made with a Target RedCard, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
- If none of these methods are available (item barcodes, receipts, packing slips), you may still be eligible for a refund in the form of a merchandise return card.
Can I return Cat and Jack clothing bought online?
Yes, the same one-year policy applies to Cat and Jack clothing bought through their website. You can return the clothing for an immediate refund or exchange by taking it to a Target store.
Use your Target account to locate your online proof-of-purchase, or the store can locate it for you at the Guest Services counter. If you don’t mind a waiting period, you can also ship the clothing back.
To return a Cat and Jack item purchased in a Target store:
Take the clothing, along with proof-of-purchase (receipt, digital barcode, email confirmation, gift receipt, or packing slip) to any Target Guest Services counter.
They will guide you through the refund or exchange process. If you don’t have a proof-of-purchase, you may receive a merchandise return card.
To return a Cat and Jack item purchased online through Target.com:
You can return Cat and Jack items purchased at Target.com either by going to the store or by mailing it in using Target’s online return center. Either way, you start the return process by going to your account either through Target.com or the Target app.
- In your Target account, select “Orders” on Target.com or “Purchases” on your Target app.
- Locate and select your order that contains the clothing you want to return.
- Select “Return an Item.”
- Select either “Return to Store” or “Return by Mail”
If you select “Return to Store”, you’ll get a barcode. Take the barcode and the clothing to any Target store, and go to Guest Services.
If you select “Return by Mail”, you’ll need to complete a few more steps:
- Select a “Return Reason” from the drop-down menu, then select “Continue”.
- Select either “Replace Item” or “Refund Item”, then select Continue”
- Select “Shipping Address”, then select “Submit”
- You will be prompted to print a mailing label.
- Package the item with its original packaging and any accessories it came with, apply the mailing label to the package, and drop the package off at any authorized UPS location.
Can I return Cat and Jack clothing given to me as a gift?
Yes, if you received Cat and Jack clothing given to your child as a gift, and you’d like to return it, you can either bring it to a Target store or return it through the mail.
To return the gift to a store, bring the clothing along with the gift receipt or packing slip to Target Guest Services.
You’ll receive a refund in the form of a Target GiftCard. If you don’t have the gift receipt or packing slip, you may receive a refund in the form of a merchandise return card.
To return the gift through the mail, contact Target.com Guest Services at 1-800-591-3869.
Here are some of my favorite services, products, and Stores
There are affiliate links, so if you do decide to use any of them, I´ll earn a small commission. But in all honesty, these are the exact what I use and recommend to everyone, even my own family.
To see all my of most up-to-date recommendations, check out this resource that I made for you!
Do you know what Target's return policy for opened electronics is? this is one of the questions our readers ask a lot. Well, we´ve got you covered. Target’s return policy is not very confusing,...
Do you know what Target return policy with no receipt is? this is one of the questions our readers ask a lot. Well, we´ve got you covered. Target has long played second fiddle to industry giants...