Whether you’re looking to purchase a new mattress or wondering where your current model of Sealy comes from, you’ll be interested to learn the answer to the question: Where are Sealy mattresses made?
The Sealy mattress company develops and builds their mattresses internationally. They own manufacturing plants in the United States, Canada, Australia, Thailand, and in China.
In this article, we’ll look into where Sealy Mattresses are made, who made them, and a few frequently asked questions related to the topic so that you’ll know all you need to know!
Where Are Sealy Mattresses Made?
Although the Sealy mattresses have been produced around the world since they originally started in the United States. Currently, Sealy has 25 manufacturing plants in the United States, according to PR Newswire. These
According to their website, Sealy mattresses are manufactured in Singapore, but also in the following places:
- South Africa
- New Zealand
- The United Kingdom
The wide range of locations licensed to sell Sealy mattresses is due to the fact that the Sealy Corporation has been merged with our purchased several other companies in it’s history.
The History of Sealy Mattresses
Speaking of history, if you’re looking to own a Sealy mattress, you might be interested in understanding the history of the company it comes from!
The company began in Sealy, Texas, which is where the Sealy Corporation got it’s name. It was founded by a man named Daniel Hayes all the way back in 1881. Daniel Hayes was initially a builder involved in the cotton trade and created mattresses out of this cotton.
After he patented his cotton-compressing machine in 1889, he was able to begin expanding the business. It’s original headquarters for franchising was in Chicago and then in Cleveland, Ohio, but has since been relocated to Trinity, North Carolina.
After being purchased by the Ohio Mattress company, which adopted Sealy’s name in 1990, the company was bought out again by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts.
The most current buyout in Sealy’s history was by Tempur-Pedic International. Thus, Sealy became a branch of the Tempur-Pedic International family. In turn, it also manufactures from it’s three branches.
These three brands owned under Sealy are Stearns; Foster, Sealy Posturepedic, and Basset.
Benefits of Sealy Mattresses
Sealy’s extensive past and the many hands it has changed throughout that history means their product has the benefit of years of fine-tuning.
Some of the benefits that the Sealy mattress brands come with are listed below:
- Body Temperature Regulation – The Posturepedic model of the mattress, in particular, features a type of Gel Memory Foam. This foam was created by the company to utilize fibers in keeping sleepers cool, instead of retaining body heat excessively.
- Support – Support is key in any surface the human body needs to sleep on. The mattresses of Sealy provide a variety of different kinds of support based on different models. For example, the Essentials mattress covers basic support needs, while the Posturepedic improves spinal posture.
- Variety – Sealy doesn’t just manufacture one specific type of mattress. Instead, they offer several collections of mattresses. Some of the most popular are the Hybrids produced by their Stearns and Foster Brand, or the Conform mattresses.
- Movement Retarder – Some Sealy mattresses can be chosen which have individually moving spring coils. This means that your tossing and turning will be minimized, and if you happen to sleep with others, they have much less chance of being disturbed by any restless movement.
- Personalized Experience – The Memory foam of Sealy mattresses is known to maintain the perfect shape for customers after as little as a week of sleeping on it. This allows the experience of the sleeper to be consistent each night, as well as perfectly suit their sleeping needs.
- Long-Lasting Mattresses – The products by Sealy generally last for as long as ten years. In fact, the Sealy company guarantees it! If the mattress is treated well, the Sealy company even claims that any of their products can maintain excellence for over two decades.
- Excellent Customer Service – The Sealy mattresses are offered with shipping that is free! The boxes they come in even have handles to move them more easily. Additionally, Sealy allows a 100 night trial on some of their mattresses for new buyers, as well as free returns and a easily-navigated website interface!
The benefits of Sealy mattresses, including longer lifespans, varieties of models that can be personalized to your experience, and the excellence of the product make it no wonder that Sealy has lasted so long as a corporation!
- 100 Night sleep trial
- Breathable foam
- Ecofriendly knit cover made from recyclable materials
- Made in USA
- Adaptive Foam Infused With Graphite And Memory Foam
- Green Guard Gold & Certi-PUR US Certified
- Made in USA
- 101 Night sleep trial
- Unbeatable lifetime warranty
- Thoughtfully designed foams in every layer
Sealy Mattress FAQs
Below are some frequently asked questions related to Sealy Mattresses and where they’re made!
Are Sealy Mattresses made in China?
Sealy mattresses are produced all over the world, including in the nation of China! The manufacturing factories can be found in Shanghai, Chengdu, Tianjin, Huizhou, and Wuhan.
Who owns Sealy mattress company?
The Sealy mattress company has changed hands many times since it’s conception in 1881, but it is currently owned by Tempur-Pedic International.
Tempur-Pedic International used to be one of Sealy mattress’ main competitors before the buyout in 2012 in the month of September.
Is Serta and Sealy the same company?
Sealy and Serta are not the same company, and in fact, are in fierce competition to provide the highest quality of mattresses!
Is Sealy an American company?
Sealy was originally an American company, with humble beginnings in Texas and it’s first factories were established in states like Ohio and Chicago.
However, since then, Sealy’s manufacturing plants have branched out in location to include locations all around the world!
Are Sealy Mattresses Quality?
Sealy mattresses are considered high quality by experts and customers, earning both the GREENGUARD grade and Bureau Veritas International Quality Assurance certification for excellence.
Is Sealy part of Stearns and Foster?
Stearns and Foster are one of the brands owned by Sealy. Stearns and Foster produce mattresses with higher quality materials than some of the subsequent Sealy brands and are known for their hybrid mattress models.
Is TempurPedic and Sealy the same company?
Although initially Sealy and TempurPedic were not the same company, Tempur-Pedic International bought out the Sealy corporation in 2012, making Sealy one branch of Tempur-Pedic.
How much is a good Sealy mattress?
The most expensive of Sealy’s quality mattresses, the Silver Chill Plush Mattress, is listed at $2,849 U.S. dollars.
However, Sealy offers a wide variety of mattress models and sizes and is known for it’s high quality across the board, so cheaper mattresses can be found.
Do Sealy mattresses have chemicals?
The Sealy mattresses are CertiPUR-US certified, meaning their foam products don’t contain toxic chemicals, meet the quality of indoor air standards, and also are free of heavy, harmful metals.
In conclusion, Sealy mattresses are manufactured by several manufacturing plants around the world, with over 20 of them found in the United States. Other locations include Canada, China, Japan, Thailand, Australia, Singapore, and even the United Kingdom. The Sealy company has many licensed locations thanks to it’s long history of company mergers and buyouts.
Currently, the Sealy company is owned by the Tempur-Pedic International company, extending it’s influence and reach around the globe.
However, according to customer reviews and the excellence ratings of experts, Sealy’s mattress quality has not been diluted no matter how widespread their plant locations are!
Is There A Mattress Bigger Than A California King (The Truth!)
Do you know if there is a mattress bigger than a California King? this is one of the questions our readers ask a lot. Well, we´ve got you covered. The quest to find the ultimate mattress has...
RV Queen Mattress VS Regular Queen Mattress (What Is The Difference?)
Thinking about putting a standard queen mattress in your RV? Stop and read this beforehand! The differences between regular and RV mattresses may well surprise you. On this page, you'll find...