Do you know how long Purple mattresses last or what is the life expectancy of the Purple mattress? Well, you are at the perfect place to find the answer to such a question.
Buying a mattress is always going to be quite a significant investment, particularly when you are looking at some of the more innovative and luxurious options on the market.
If you’re spending the money to get your hands on one, then you want to know: How long do Purple Mattresses last? Purple Mattresses have a design that does not break down in the same way that traditional mattresses do, but it is still recommended that you replace them after around 10 years of use.
Read on to discover everything you need to know about the longevity of Purple Mattresses!
Table of Contents
What Are Purple Mattresses?
To understand how long these mattresses are likely to last compared to others, we need to get an idea of what sets them apart from the pack.
Purple Mattresses are made by the Purple company, which has been innovating in the industry for more than 30 years. Their mattresses are made using a unique technology that gives them a completely different internal structure from any that you will have used before.
It’s called a “GelFlex Grid”, and it is right at the heart of every mattress that they produce. The grid is a geometric pattern of squares constructed from a specialized polymer. The individual squares within the grid compress gently under your weight, providing a different kind of support and comfort from the typical springs or foam that most mattresses use.
This grid also has a different kind of lifespan to regular mattresses, because it doesn’t break down in the same way.
How Long Do Purple Mattresses Last? (Life Expectancy)
The question of how long your Purple Mattress might live is a little bit more complicated than you might think.
Technically, the overall structure of the mattress should not break down at all. This is not true when you’re talking about springs and regular foam mattresses, which will eventually lose their structural integrity after a number of years.
That doesn’t mean that these mattresses will last forever, though, because the polyurethane foam that is used within the mattress itself only has a lifespan of around 10 years.
Although the mattress itself won’t break down, the foam components may start to deteriorate after that time. Eventually, you will lose some of the softness and comfort that you were used to.
Do Purple Mattresses Have A Warranty?
A good way to tell how sure a company is about the longevity of their product is to look at the kind of warranty that they offer.
Purple Mattresses come with a 10-year warranty, which shows that they truly believe their mattresses are built to last.
This is not uncommon for luxury options in the industry, but it is still pretty reassuring when you are planning on spending a significant amount of money on something that you want to keep for a long time.
Why Do You Need To Replace Your Mattress?
Mattresses are one of those odd products that feel like they should last a lifetime, but you are always told that you should be buying a new one. Why can’t you stick with one mattress for life and why do they need replacing?
Generally, it is down to the materials and overall structure breaking down over time. If you think about it, your mattress gets a huge amount of usage, and many older or lower-quality materials are bound to wear from 8 hours of pressure every night.
While a Purple Mattress has an internal polymer grid that maintains its shape and forms even after a lot of use, the same is not true for innerspring or all-foam mattresses.
- Innerspring mattresses. Any mattress that contains springs will eventually need replacing because these springs can’t maintain their shape forever. The coils will fail or bend, leading to sagging and discomfort.
- All-foam mattresses. All foam loses its strength after enough time. Lower-density foam, in particular, will slowly mold to the shape of your body and stop being as springy and supportive as it was when you first brought it home.
Most normal mattresses need to be replaced every 6-8 years. This lifespan can be even shorter if the mattress is lower quality, it has suffered from additional wear, or it has not been well maintained.
Purple Mattresses, on the other hand, should last for 10 years at least.
Is It Time To Replace My Mattress?
If you’re not sure whether it’s time for a new mattress or not, odds are that it is. Most people will leave it much longer than they should before swapping over to a fresh one – and it can have a very negative impact on your sleep and overall health.
You should probably think about replacing your mattress if:
- It’s more than 6 years old
- You are sleeping poorly
- You can see or feel sagging or damage
- Your mattress makes noise when you move (for innersprings in particular)
- You are suffering more than usual from allergies and/or asthma
- You feel stiff or sore when you wake up
- You find it easier to sleep at hotels or a friend’s house
It’s all too easy to assume that poor sleep and muscle or joint pain are simply a result of getting older or increased stress in your life, but that might not be the case. A restful night’s sleep is essential for your health and well-being and studies show that a new mattress significantly improves sleep quality and reduces both stress and back pain.
How Can You Make Your Mattress Last Longer?
There are a number of things that you can do to improve the lifespan of your mattress, no matter what option you go for.
- The quality of the materials is always going to make a big difference. Look for a lower coil gauge if you are choosing a mattress with springs, and higher foam density for a foam mattress. Latex mattresses are also known to be particularly durable.
- Take good care of your mattress, too. Make sure that you are using a mattress protector and rotating your mattress every 3 months (as long as this is recommended by the manufacturer).
- Try to reduce the amount of stress that you are putting on your mattress. Extra weight and sharing your mattress with children or pets are always likely to result in more damage.
What Other Durable Mattresses Are On The Market Today?
The Purple Mattress is not the only durable and long-lasting mattress option out there at the moment. Many luxury and high-quality brands will be able to stay soft and sag-free for much longer than the standard 6 years.
- Amerisleep AS3: This mattress is made from plant-based memory foam that is supported by additional sag-resistant foams – and it comes with an incredible 20-year warranty.
- Zoma Mattress: Using innovative Support+ foam, this mattress is designed to limit wear and tear, even for more active sleepers. Comes with a 10-year warranty.
- Vaya Hybrid: For a cheaper option, this mattress has a sturdy foam base that supports pocketed coils. It has a 10-year warranty and you can get your hand on one for just $400 – $900.
So, how long do Purple Mattresses last? They are very durable and have a unique design that should not break down at all over time.
With that being said, the foam inside them has a 10-year lifespan, which is why these particular mattresses come with a 10-year warranty.
This is very standard for the industry, and almost every company and expert will recommend that you replace your mattress after 7-10 years – no matter what kind you are using.
Do you know if Purple mattress is good for heavy person or is there a weight limit for the Purple Mattress? Well, you are at the perfect place to find the answers to such a question. Sleep is so...
Do Purple Mattresses Contain Fiberglass? Do you know if Purple mattresses have fiberglass, is it safe? Well, you are at the perfect place to find the answer to such a question. As many of us are...