Purple mattresses are the new bed craze sweeping the nation! With such popularity, the question is, where are Purple mattresses made?
Purple mattresses are made in the city of Grantsville, in the state of Utah, in the United States of America. They are manufactured by the Purple mattress company, which has expanded its manufacturing centers to Blacksville, Georgia.
In this article, we’ll cover where purple mattresses are made and their benefits, and a little of the company’s history. We’ll also answer a few frequently asked questions about purple mattresses.
Be prepared to learn all you need to know about purple mattresses!
Table of Contents
Where are Purple Mattresses Made?
Perhaps you’re hoping to purchase one of their mattresses or you would like to support local businesses, or even simply support American-made products. In any case, knowing where Purple mattresses are actually manufactured can be useful!
Purple mattresses began their manufacturing in the city of Grantsville, Utah. Since then, other manufacturing plants have been opened in Alpine, Utah and Blacksville, Georgia.
All in all, their manufacturing plants cover over 100,000 square feet in both states and looks to expand to even more locations in the United States of America according to Bed Times Magazine.
What is the Purple company?
Now that we’ve covered where the Purple mattress comes from in terms of location, let’s go over where the product comes from in terms of company identity!
Purple mattresses are made by Purple Innovations, a Limited Liability Company (LLC.) The company was started out of a Kickstarter campaign for a machine patent called the Mattress Max, created by Terry and Tony Pearce.
These brothers had been inventing products like cushion materials and polymers since the 1980s.
The Kickstarter campaign was successful and launched the Purple mattress company in 2015. The company merged with Global Partner Acquisition Corp, or GPAC, in 2017.
The Purple Innovations’ company’s current CEO is Rob DeMartini, and it successfully produces not only mattresses, but back cushions, seat cushions, and pillows.
All of these are made from hyper-elastic polymer, which was created by Purple to not only support those who use the product, but lessen the effects of heat at the same time.
Purple has invented many additional products to gain the best performance from their products, including bed foundations and specialty sheets, to name a few.
They not only manufacture their own products, as mentioned above, but also have their own retail locations throughout the country!
Purple Innovations’ business location is in Alpine, Utah, and their website offers not only an easily-used interface for browsers, but a wealth of information regarding their products and ample access to their customer service associates.
Benefits of the Purple Mattress
With the origins of the Purple mattress covered, let’s talk about why the product is so successful! Below, you’ll find a list of the benefits that not only make the Purple mattress worth it’s three manufacturing locations but popular and practical, as well!
- Hyper-Elastic Polymer – The hyper-elastic polymer used in not only mattresses but other products created by Purple Innovations is patented by the company itself. It is a flame-barrier type of fabric based in stone fiber and naturally slows flames and heat. This makes using the product both comfortable and safe!
- Certifiably Safe – The creation of Purple mattresses includes types of foam and adhesives that are all certified by CertiPur and GREENGUARD Gold. Both of these certifications are widely praised throughout the industry and allow Purple mattresses to be sold to schools and even hospitals.
- Certifiably Excellent Quality – The Purple company, and by extension, it’s mattresses, has a BBA accreditation. This means that the British Board of Agreement has certified the company for having high quality, being of excellent experience in their work, and reaching a great standard of reliability. The BBA assigned Purple an A+ rating!
- Excellent Support – The Purple mattress is also famous for something called the GelFlex Grid. The GelFlex Grid is just one of the supporting layers that the mattress offers, allowing support for the human body without being too firm and increasing tension on the joints.
- Stretching Capabilities – According to Healthline.com, one of the Purple mattress’ best features is the stretchiness afforded to the bed by the hyper-elastic material. A Purple mattress can stretch more than 10 times it’s natural, resting state. This means that customers won’t have that trapped or stuck feeling that sometimes accompanies foam.
- Fair Pricing – Purple mattresses are remarkably fair in pricing when the quality of their product is taken into consideration. For example, the queen-sized Purple mattress is sold at $1,299 and includes the hyper-elastic polymer and multiple supporting layers of material. In comparison, the Saatva mattress of the same size is more than $400 more.
With so many benefits, it is no wonder that Purple mattresses are so highly valued or so popular with customers!
Purple Mattresses FAQs
Below is a list of frequently asked questions relating to the Purple mattresses and where they are made!
Are Purple mattresses made in China?
Purple mattresses are not made in China but are manufactured by the Purple Innovations Company in three locations throughout the United States of America.
These three locations include Alpine, Utah, and Grantsville, Utah, with a new manufacturing plant opening recently in Blacksville, Georgia.
Where are Purple mattresses manufactured?
As stated above, Purple mattresses are manufactured at any of three Purple Innovations LLC. Locations in the United States.
Two of these facilities can be found in the state of Utah, where the Purple company originated, and one of the facilities has been newly established in the state of Georgia.
Is Purple mattress a Mormon company?
Purple Innovations LLC., the company behind the Purple mattress, was created by Terry Pearce and his brother, Tony Pearce, both of whom subscribe to the Mormon faith.
However, the company itself does not broadcast any affiliation with the Mormon faith online or publicly, and the Pearce brothers retired in the year 2020.
Is Purple made in the US?
Purple Innovations is an LLC company that was not only founded in the US but continues to manufacture their products exclusively in the United States.
Are there any mattresses made in the United States?
In addition to the mattresses made right in the American state of Utah by the Purple company, there are many companies such as WinkBeds, Layla, Nolah, and Saatva which manufacture their mattresses in the United States.
Do Purple mattresses sink?
According to online reviews of the Purple mattress product, there are some models which tend to sink depending on the weight of the person sleeping on them.
The human body tends to need time to adjust to a regular sleeping position on any surface, so there may be a period of stiffness or sinking when first getting used to a Purple mattress’ grid.
To sum it all up, Purple mattresses are made by Purple Innovations LLC. In three different manufacturing plants, are located in Alpine, Utah, Grantsville, Utah, and Blacksville, Georgia in the United States of America.
The company was started by Terry and Tony Pearce and has thrived under the leadership of the current CEO, Rob DeMartini, since 2021!
The mattresses are beloved for their unique hyper-elastic polymer materials, fair pricing, and usefully-paired additional products. As discussed above, these additional products include pillows, sheets, and bed foundations that all capitalize on the excellence of the Purple mattress design!
Lindsey, do you know what Purple mattress return policy is? This is one of the questions our readers ask a lot. Well, we´ve got you covered. When you decide it's time to purchase a new mattress,...
Do Purple Mattresses Contain Fiberglass? Do you know if Purple mattresses have fiberglass, is it safe? Well, you are at the perfect place to find the answer to such a question. As many of us are...