Gift cards make for a great present, and they can be a very convenient option for yourself as well, but where is the best place to get the cards that you need? Does Dollar General sell Target gift cards?
Dollar General sells a wide variety of different gift cards, but not ones for Target. You can buy Target gift cards from the store themselves or online, and from some retailers like Kroger, CVS, and Rite Aid.
Read ahead to find out all about the cards that Dollar General sells, and where to get Target gift cards.
Why Doesn’t Dollar General Sell Target Gift Cards?
Although Dollar General does sell a lot of different gift cards, they don’t actually offer very many for other brick-and-mortar stores.
They mostly sell cards for subscription services, big-name brands like Apple and Sony, restaurants, and online stores like Amazon and Netflix.
Target is, in many ways, a direct competitor of Dollar General, so they don’t want to encourage you to spend your money at their stores instead.
If you do want to get your hands on a Target gift card, then you will need to look elsewhere.
Where Can You Buy Target Gift Cards?
The easiest place to get yourself a Target gift card is from Target themselves. You have three options for getting a card directly from them:
- In Store: You can buy your Target gift card from any Target store. They are usually located at the checkout, or you can ask for one as you are paying for your items.
- Online: If you go to Target.com, you can find their Target GiftCards page. Here, you will see all of the different options that you have, and you can easily make your purchase. You can get an eGiftCard sent to you via email, a physical card delivered through the mail, or a Mobile GiftCard sent to you via text message.
- App: You can also get hold of physical cards, eGiftCards, or Mobile GiftCards through the Target app. There is a Gift Card category in the shop that will give you all the different options to choose from. You can choose how you want to receive your card when you “check out”.
You can also get these cards from other retailers, so you are not tied to buying directly from Target themselves. There are over 10,000 different stores that sell Target gift cards in the United States, including:
- CVS Pharmacy
- Rite Aid
Are Target Gift Cards Good Value?
If you want to give a gift card as a present, Target is a pretty good option to go for. Target has one of the widest selections of any store in the country, and there are many locations where they can be used. Whoever you gift the card to is likely to be able to buy almost anything that they want – and conveniently too.
Target gift cards can also be used online or through the app, so you don’t even need to be near a Target store to make use of one.
They can even be used to buy products from Starbucks cafés and CVS Pharmacies that are inside Target stores.
Another nice benefit of Target gift cards is that they can come with a personal look. You can get cards with a lot of different designs on them, rather than a generic bit of plastic with a Target logo on the front. It doesn’t make a huge difference, but it’s a nice personal touch that makes a gift stand out a little more.
How Do You Use a Target Gift Card?
As with most gift cards, Target makes theirs as easy to use as possible. You can redeem them at any Target store, or on their website, for almost any items that you can think of.
All you have to do is present your gift card when you are checking out, or input the access number when you are purchasing online at Target.com.
For Mobile GiftCards or eGiftCards, however, you do need to have a Target account. These are free and easy to set up, but without one, you won’t be able to add your gift card to your account in order to redeem the value on it.
Once you do have an account, you can add your gift cards by navigating to the “Add Gift Card” or “Save a new gift card option”. This will be in your wallet tab on the Target app, or on your Account page on Target.com.
What Can’t You Buy With a Target Gift Card?
There are a few things that cannot be purchased with a Target gift card, but it’s a pretty small selection. In fact, most of the things that cannot be bought with a gift card are other gift cards!
With a Target gift card, you cannot purchase:
- Visa, Mastercard, or American Express gift cards
- iTunes gift cards
- Specialty gift cards
- Target gift cards
You also can’t use these cards to make RedCard payments, and they can’t be used at Minute Clinics within stores or at Target Optical online (although you can use gift cards at Target Optical in-store).
What Gift Cards Does Dollar General Sell?
So, you can’t get hold of a Target gift card at Dollar General, but they do have a lot of other options for you to choose from.
They have a great selection of different gift cards for a lot of different brands and services, including online services, gaming, restaurants, and entertainment.
Among the cards that you can get at Dollar General, you will find:
- Entertainment: Netflix, Apple, Spotify, Hulu, Google Play, Sony, Fandango
- Gaming: Xbox Live Membership, Steam Mall, Nintendo, Xbox Game Pass, PlayStation Store, GameStop
- Shopping: eBay, Home Depot, Lowe’s, GameStop, Bass Pro Shops, TJ Maxx, BP, Cabela’s, Gap-Banana Republic-Old Navy-Athleta, Amazon
- Restaurants: Darden, Starbucks, DoorDash, Texas Roadhouse, Domino’s, Subway, Burger King, Cracker Barrel, Dairy Queen, Wendys, Red Lobster, Little Caesars, Applebee’s, Chilis, Ruby Tuesday, TGI Friday’s
You are more than likely to find a gift card to suit a loved one – or for yourself!
They also sell reloadable prepaid cards and Vanilla Visa gift cards, which give a lot of flexibility for how the money can be spent.
How To Avoid a Gift Card Scam
It is really important that you make sure you are buying a gift card for a safe and legitimate purpose. Many fraud schemes try to encourage people to purchase gift cards as a way of transferring money to a fraudster in a way that is difficult to trace and almost impossible to get back.
To keep yourself safe from this sort of scam, there are a few things that you should know.
- No government agency accepts gift cards as a form of payment.
- You will never be asked to pay a balance to the IRS, the Treasury Department, the FBI, or the police using a gift card.
- You will never be asked to use gift cards to pay for your utility bills, bail money, debt collection, or hospital bills.
You should only access your gift cards through a legitimate service. For example, you should only check your Target gift card balance on their website or through their app – never through a third party.
If someone is encouraging you to buy a gift card in order to help somebody out of a difficult situation or settle a debt that you didn’t know you had, it is likely to be some kind of scam. It is even possible for fraudsters to appear as though they are someone that you know.
So, does Dollar General sell Target gift cards? Unfortunately, not. You can get a lot of different gift cards at Dollar General, but not ones for Target.
You can purchase Target gift cards, eGiftCards, or Mobile GiftCards at any Target store, on their website, or through their app.
You can also get Target gift cards from some other retailers, including Kroger, Safeway, CVS, and Rite Aid.
A Target gift card makes for a good present, as they are very flexible and give access to a lot of great products – and they even come in different designs!
Do you know if Dollar General sells Walmart gift cards? Well, you are at the perfect place to find the answer to such a question. Dollar General has been pretty busy lately, opening new Dollar...
Do you know what Target's return policy is? Well, you are at the perfect place to find the answer to such a question. Target’s return policy allows most items to be fully refunded if they are...