Have you ever asked yourself or your friend what does the SV stands for on Nissan Rogue? Well, you are at the perfect place to find the answer to such a question.
There are a massive number of acronyms that are thrown in when purchasing a car. If you’re either new to buying cars or are just bad at remembering alphabet soup, it doesn’t matter.
If you’re looking to purchase Nissan’s newest, fanciest crossover SUV, there are a couple of things you’re going to need to know.
So, what does SV mean on a Nissan Rogue? The SV on a Nissan Rogue stands for Standard Value and offers a selection of features not found on the entry-level Nissan Rogue S trim package. The SV provides intelligent cruise control and traffic sign recognition and fog lights, heated outside mirrors and seats, and front and rear parking sensors.
Table of Contents
The Nissan Rogue
When looking at crossover SUVs there are a lot of available options. If you’re looking for a Nissan, however, likely the best budget-friendly option will be the Rogue.
These vehicles are not only surprisingly advanced for their asking price, but they also come with three options that can help you further personalize the car – S, SV, and SL. But what do those terms mean?
It’s actually pretty simple. Each of these acronyms represents a different level of customization, trim, and overall gadgetry.
Nissan Rogue S – Defined
The Rogue S is Nissan’s base package for the Rogue line of SUVs. This package includes:
- 17″ (~43 cm) steel wheels
- Sliding, reclining, and folding rear seats
- HD rearview camera
- A cargo management system
- Bluetooth connectivity
- A four-speaker sound system
- Access to satellite radio (if you’re not a Bluetooth person)
- 8″ (~20 cm) touch screen
If you’re looking for a more luxurious ride, though, it’s time to look at the SL and SV packages.
Nissan Rogue SV – Defined
The Nissan Rogue SV (Standard Value) is a slightly upgraded version of the base model Rogue. This offers a good amount of savings while still adding some good comforts and quality of life upgrades. It includes:
- 17″ (~43 cm) alloy wheels offer a slightly better fuel economy and faster acceleration due to their light weight when compared to steel wheels
- Sharp, automatic LED headlights
- Keyless entry and ignition
- Heated front seats
- Dual-zone climate control offers a more well-regulated interior temperature for those in the front and back.
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and gearshift
- A high-quality, six-speaker audio system
- Optional – Intelligent Around View Monitor to assist with smooth and safe parking in all environments
- Optional – Pro Pilot assist, which is essentially a fancier cruise control capable of stopping and re-accelerating in traffic with the push and hold button on the wheel.
- Optional – Push-button ignition
The final, fanciest form of the Nissan Rogue is the SL, detailed below.
Nissan Rogue SL – Defined
Now, this is for the truly fancy and advanced driver who demands excellence in all things. The Nissan Rogue SL (Standard Luxury) includes:
- 19″ (~48 cm) wheels
- Fog lights
- Hands-free power lift-gate
- Heated steering wheel
- Driver-seat memory functions allow the seat to have preset seat settings. No more frustrating readjustment of the seat after taking over from another driver!
- Leather interior
- Universal garage door opener
- Nine-speaker BOSE audio system for the ultimate sound quality available
- A high-quality navigation system with a front, side, and rear camera and dual panoramic moonroof
- NissanConnect – a system designed to handle security, navigation, and entertainment. This allows you to use Amazon’s Alexa to lock and unlock doors, stream music wirelessly, and remotely start the car with your phone.
Now, there is one more option – the Nissan Rogue Platinum.
Nissan Rogue Platinum – Defined
This is the most advanced (and expensive) model of the Nissan Rogue. The Platinum edition includes:
- 19″ (~48 cm) wheels
- ProPilot Assist
- A fully digital dashboard
- Wireless Apple CarPlay integration
- Nissan Door to Door Navigation with Premium traffic.
- Intelligent forward-collision warning and lane departure warning
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- New front, side, and rear sonar systems to keep your car shiny and scratch-free
Why Buy a Rogue?
What does all of this mean, though? There are a lot of other crossover SUVs on the market from a variety of retailers, so it’s important to know what the Rogue offers compared to its competition.
1. Climate Control Zones
Okay, hear me out here. The comfort (climate control) zones that Nissan has introduced offer something great that many passengers miss – climate-controlled air in the whole vehicle.
Gone are the days of perfectly comfortable front-seat passengers and miserable back-seat passengers.
This makes the Rogue great for family road trips, as now the kids in the back aren’t miserably hot or cold, but perfectly comfortable.
2. Drive Modes
In combination with the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), the Rogue’s specialized drive modes allow you to customize your driving experience to where you are.
You’re able to seamlessly switch between Snow, Sport, Off-Road, Eco, and Auto mode to adapt to what you currently need.
And for those of you who don’t know what a CVT transmission is – it’s pretty cool. Think of it like a “manual lite” transmission – you shift using paddle shifters (or it goes automatically, depending on the setting), and the transmission runs using a belt rather than the traditional gears.
This allows a greater degree of control over your vehicle without the knee-murder that is a manual transmission car over long distances. And as a bonus, CVTs are more fuel-efficient than their automatic counterparts.
3. Modifiable Storage
Remember the cargo management system I mentioned earlier? This thing is awesome – it’s called the Divide-N-Hide System. Essentially, it allows you to adapt your vehicle’s storage system depending on your needs.
It does this by providing you with a fully customizable set of shelves and storage setups so you can adapt to whatever is thrown at you.
4. Camera Setup
While vehicle cameras aren’t really anything new at this point, they’re a great addition to any car – especially if you live in a busy city.
Parking cameras and sonar systems allow you to easily park in any space without fear of hitting anything (or anyone).
5. Intelligent All-Wheel Drive
In short, the intelligent all-wheel drive system allows your car to adapt automatically to the situation you’re in. This will help by delivering proper power to the right set of wheels, getting you out of sticky situations.
It does so by providing a more responsive acceleration and better fuel efficiency on highways – nobody can complain about that!
Nissan Rogues are some of the coolest crossover SUVs on the market, especially with their newest 2021 models. Whether you’re looking for a good, budget-friendly option, or you want all of the bells and whistles, Nissan has you covered.
If you’re looking to buy a safe, reliable vehicle for a reasonable price, the Rogue S will be a great choice that still comes with modern accouterments.
If you’re looking for a slight upgrade, the Nissan SV is the choice for you. It offers upgraded basics and a few nice little bonuses, such as keyless entry and ignition and dual-zone climate control.
If you want the best, however, the SL or Platinum will be the models for you. Both come with extremely nice interiors and digital doodads galore, with only a few “premium” differences between the two.
The SL is great as a budget choice as it provides a few upgrade options, rather than a set package, while the premium is clearly designed for those who just want the best they can get.
If this hasn’t sold you on a new Nissan Rogue, go take one for a test drive! I promise you’ll fall in love almost immediately.
Here are some of my favorite tools & equipment´s
Thank you for reading this article. I hope it helps you find the most recent and accurate technical and repair information for your car. Here are some tools that I use as an automotive technician and hope you´ll also find helpful.
There are affiliate links, so if you do decide to use any of them, I´ll earn a small commission. But in all honesty, these are the exact tools that I use and recommend to everyone, even my own family. (NO CRAP)
To see all my of most up-to-date recommendations, check out this resource that I made for you!
Each make and model of Nissan Maxima has its allocated label to help potential buyers understand what pre-selected features are offered in a particular model. The Nissan Maxima has several trim...
Have you ever asked yourself or your friend what does the SE stands for on Hyundai cars? Well, you are at the perfect place to find the answer to such a question. Though Hyundai corporation was...