Shopping for the holidays can be a stressful activity. Knowing the return policies for locations from everyday stores like
Indigo is a Canadian based store that has recently begun expanding into the United States. Indigo offers a 30 day return policy for most of their items, subject to certain terms and conditions.
This article looks at the ins and outs of the Indigo Return Policy, and all you need to know to make the most of it.
Table of Contents
What is The Indigo Holiday Return Policy?
According to Indigo’s officially posted policy, items can be returned within 30 days of purchase in-store.
In the case of online orders, the 30 day return policy comes into effect when the order is shipped and your payment is processed.
There are some exceptions, and all returns are subject to specific conditions.
How Is It Different From The Regular Policy?
Indigo does not officially offer a different policy on returns for the holiday.
The return policy allows 30 days for any item to be returned for free, regardless of what time of year it is.
What Else Should I Know About the Indigo Return Policy?
The most important thing to remember about the return policy, aside from the 30 day deadline, are the following points:
– Returns are Free: Returns done online will have the cost of shipping reimbursed for returns.
– The item can be returned to any location
– The item must be returned in store-bought condition (no wear, tear, damage, or other changes)
– Proof of Purchase must be provided at the time of the return.
– If you are getting your money refunded to a Credit Card, you must have the card with you at the time of the return.
– You may need to provide an address or show a valid photo ID during the return process.
– Gifts come with a Gift Receipt, and returns can be made for another gift receipt for similarly priced items, or with the amount added to a Gift Card.
Items That Cannot Be Returned
These items cannot be returned for health, hygiene, and safety reasons. For some of them, they can still be returned if they’re unopened, whereas others cannot be returned under any circumstances.
Only Possible to Return Unopened:
- Breast Pumps and Associated Accessories
- Nursing Bras, Nursing Pads, and Any Accessories
- Sexual Health Devices
- Strollers and High Chairs
- Teethers and Pacifiers
- Bottles and Bottle Attachments
- Diapers of any kind
- Baby Furniture, including Baby Gates
- Face Masks
Cannot Be Returned:
- Car Seats, Bases, and Boosters
- Pokemon Cards
- Gift Cards
- Any Item In-Store or Online that is listed as ‘Final Sale’
What If I Need to Return Something Outside The 30 Day Window?
If you want to make a return outside the 30 day window, you’ll need to contact Indigo Customer service and see if they’re willing to work with you. Returns are a matter of discretion for the store.
It may depend on your reason for making a return, or your return may be refused if the deadline has passed.
What If I Need To Return a Damaged Or Faulty Item?
If you wind up with a damaged or faulty item, the best thing to do is contact Indigo Customer Service through online chat or their Help lines.
Contact them as soon as possible with a picture or other proof of the issue you’re experiencing with your item. The sooner you report the problem, the better your chances of getting a full refund.
If the damage is determined to be a matter of improper use or handling on the part of the customer, your return may be rejected.
Even if the problem is determined to be an issue caused by manufacturer error, you may be offered store credit as opposed to a refund, depending on the circumstances surrounding the return.
How Do I Make a Return?
You can actually make a return one of two ways. You can return your items to the nearest store, or you can process your return online and mail your items in.
Making A Return In-Store:
– Bring the item in question to your nearest Indigo store, along with the packing slip, receipt, or other proof of purchase.
– Deliver it to a Customer Service Representative and they will help process your return
Making A Return Online:
– Sign into the website and find your order history
– Select the item you wish to return
– Fill out the requested information
– Print off your return shipping label
– Package up your items and attach your shipping label to the outside of your parcel.
– Drop off your package with the appropriate shipping service
Note: You may want to apply a tracking number so you can keep track of your package and make sure it arrives safely at the proper location.
For Larger Items:
Oversize items can be delivered to your home by appointment once they’ve been purchased or ordered.
If you need to return something in this category, you will need to call the Helpline or Customer Service to arrange the process for returning the item.
You may need to request a pick-up or other arrangements to ensure a safe return.
What Happens After I Make The Return?
After you’ve made your return, your return request will be processed. For items returned in-store, the return process is handled immediately and any gift cards, store credit, or refunds are applied.
If you are getting a refund on a credit card, it can take up to 10 business days for the funds to appear in your account.
For online and mail-in returns, expect it to take up to 9 business days for the package to reach the designated processing center.
After the package arrives, it can be processed, and any refunds or store credit can be applied.
As with in-store returns, it may take up to 10 business days for the funds to appear in their account.
Does the Process Change If I Use Klarna or Afterpay?
Officially, there is nothing on the website indicating that Indigo accepts any type of ‘Buy Now Pay Later’ service such as Klarna or Afterpay.
Accepted Payment Methods:
- American Express
To be absolutely sure of their current policy, you may want to contact Indigo Customer Service and ask for details of their accepted payments, and whether they accept any sort of multiple payments.
There is no information on how a Klarna or Afterpay policy would affect the process of making a return.
The nice thing about the Indigo holiday return policy is that it’s consistent. You don’t have to remember any changes to the policy or double check what time of year you’re making your purchases.
As a downside, the return policy means you’ll have to make your purchases closer to Christmas Day if you want them to still be eligible for returns after the holiday, though the automatic Gift Receipt they provide may make returns easier on that front.
If you’re not certain about some detail of the Return Policy, holiday, or otherwise, the best thing you can do is reach out to their online Help site and talk to one of their Customer Service representatives.
Most of us do some holiday shopping at Target. How could you not? They have great prices, a wide variety of products, and good quality merchandise. But with the holiday season right around the...
Have you ever asked yourself If Indigo sells Amazon gift cards? Indigo book stores are now located in many locations throughout Canada and the U.S and have expanded to become more culturally...