How To Get a Title For a Camper Without Title In Oklahoma

How To Get a Title For a Camper Without Title In oklahoma

Do you know how to get a title for a camper without a title in Oklahoma? this is one of the questions our readers ask a lot. Well, we´ve got you covered.

Taking your RV on the road is a great way to see the world and get out of the house, without leaving comfort behind.

If you plan on hauling a camper, though, you must make sure it is properly titled and registered to help you avoid tickets that will kill the fun of your vacation.

So, how to get a title for a camper without a title in Oklahoma? To get a replacement title for a camper without title in Oklahoma, you will need to do the following:

  • Complete an application for a duplicate title
  • Pay the fees ($11 for a replacement, plus additional mailing fees)
  • Locate your nearest Oklahoma Division of Motor Vehicles
  • Mail-in your application or bring it to the Oklahoma DMV

To fill out the application, you will need:

  • The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
  • The make of the camper
  • The model of the camper
  • The year of the camper
  • The color of the camper
  • Contact information for the camper’s owner

What is a Vehicle Title?

A vehicle title is a legal document that proves ownership. Titles can be given to cars, trucks, vans, trailers, ATVs, motorcycles, and more.

Titles include important information like the full name of the owner, the condition of the vehicle, the address of the owner, and the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).

Read also: Where to Find VIN Number on Camper and Trailer? | Detailed Guide

What Types of Vehicle Titles Are There?

There are many different categories of vehicle titles. These categories designate the state of the vehicle, debt information, and the history of the vehicle.

Regardless of that information, they all can be used to prove ownership.

You will most likely be dealing with four different kinds of titles when working with a camper. Those four common titles are

  • Clean: Clean titles are given to cars, trucks, campers, or other vehicles that have never been totaled. Vehicles with clean titles are generally considered to be safe to take on the road.
  • Clear: Clear titles are given to vehicles that have no outstanding debts against them. This also means that the camper has no liens held against it.
  • Salvage: Salvage titles are granted to vehicles that have been totaled. These vehicles are not considered “scrap” vehicles, as they could be repaired. However, their current state requires extensive repairs. For this reason, vehicles with salvage titles can be difficult or costly to insure.
  • Rebuilt or Reconstructed: Rebuilt or reconstructed titles are issued to vehicles that were previously totaled but have since been repaired. To get a rebuilt or reconstructed title for a vehicle, you must have the vehicle inspected to ensure that it is safe to take on the road.

Read also: Can You Get A Duplicate Car Title The Same Day In Oklahoma?

Do Camper Trailers Need Titles in Oklahoma?

Camper trailers do need titles in Oklahoma.

There are some exceptions for trailers that are used for farming, but those exceptions will not apply to any camper trailers that you will be using within the state of Oklahoma.

There are also exemptions for trailers from other states. If you are not a current resident of Oklahoma and your state does not require titling, you can visit Oklahoma without titling your vehicle.

How to Get a Replacement Title in Oklahoma?

There are several reasons your camper may not have a title. Your title may have been lost or destroyed, the title may have been lost in a transfer, or you may never have been given a title during a purchase or a move from another state.

Many states have different application processes depending on which reason you need a new title. Oklahoma uses the same application process for all of these processes, which can help you move along.

There are, however, two different ways to submit your request for a new title in Oklahoma. Those methods include:

  • Submitting an application in-person
  • Applying Through the mail

Submitting an Application In-Person

Submitting an application in person is one way you can apply for a new title if you do not have a title for your camper in Oklahoma.

This method can save you from paying the mailing fee, but you will have to drive to a Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and wait in line. To submit an application in person:

1. Locate the Tag Agency of the Division of Motor Vehicles office closest to you. You can find a list of all of those offices within the state of Oklahoma here.

2. Complete an Application for Duplicate Title. You can find this application here. It is important to fill out that application as clearly and completely as you can.

3. Collect your fees. You will need to have $11.00 with you when you go to the office. This is the fee for a replacement title.

4. Find your identification. You will need to bring proof of identification to the DMV with you when you fill out your paperwork. A driver’s license, birth certificate, or other state-issued identification is recommended.

5. Take your forms and fees to the DMV and submit them.

You should be able to receive a new title either in person during your visit or within a few days through the mail.

Submitting an Application Through the Mail

You can also submit your application through the mail, if there is not a DMV close enough to you or if you do not have time to wait in the infamously long lines at the DMV during work hours.

Take note, though, that this process may result in a slight delay in getting your title, as the application must be received before it can be processed. If you need a title quickly, you should visit a tag office in person.

To Apply Through the Mail:

1. Complete an Application for Duplicate Title. You can find this application here. You must fill out this application as completely as possible, particularly if you plan on mailing it in.

Do not guess, as incorrect information can slow down the processing time. If you have any questions about how to fill it out, call your local DMV.

2. Have your application notarized. Since you cannot prove your identity, this can help you prove identity and ownership which will make the process move more smoothly.

3. Write a check to the Oklahoma Tax Commission. This check needs to include the $11 title replacement fee as well as the $1.55 mailing fee. Your check should be for a total of $12.55.

3. Mail your application and check. You will want to send your application to:

Oklahoma Tax Commission

Motor Vehicle Division

2501 North Lincoln Boulevard

Oklahoma City, OK


4. Watch the mail for your new title.

Title Application Items

Whether you plan on mailing in your application or bringing it to the office in person, you will need to prepare your application with as much information as you can.

Having this information on hand when you go in-person can also be helpful if you need to complete any additional paperwork.

Do not guess on any of this information, as incorrect responses can slow down the processing time.

To complete an Application for a Replacement Title, you will need to know:

  • The full name of the owner(s) of the camper
  • The address of the camper’s owner(s)
  • The model of the camper
  • The make of the camper
  • The year of the camper
  • The previous/current title number (if you know it)
  • The camper’s Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
  • The registration decal number
  • The expiration date of the registration
  • The phone number of the owner
  • The email address of the owner
  • The color of the camper. Oklahoma State asks you to select the closest of the following colors:
    • Black
    • Blue
    • Bronze
    • Brown
    • Copper
    • Cream
    • Dark Blue
    • Dark Green
    • Gold
    • Gray
    • Green
    • Lavender
    • Light Blue
    • Light Green
    • Maroon
    • Orange
    • Pink
    • Purple
    • Red
    • Silver
    • Tan
    • Turquoise
    • White
    • Yellow

Do Camper Trailers Need License Plates in Oklahoma?

Yes, camper trailers need to be titled and registered in Oklahoma. The registration process includes obtaining a license plate for your camper trailer. To keep you safe on the road, you should also have:

  • Functioning taillights
  • A white light illuminating the license plate
  • Brake lights
  • Mudflaps on the rear tires
  • Reflectors

If your state does not require your camper to be licensed or titled, you do not need to register it to travel to Oklahoma.

Final Thoughts

You need to title and register your camper if you plan on enjoying the beauty of Oklahoma from your RV.

If you do not have a title or registration for your camper, though, you are not out of luck.

You will need to complete an Application for Replacement Title and the necessary fees, and in just a few short days you can get back on the road.

Here are some of my favorite services, products, and Stores

Thank you for reading this article. I hope it helps you find the most recent and accurate RV, camping information. Here are some services, products, and Stores that I use and hope you´ll also find helpful.

There are affiliate links, so if you do decide to use any of them, I´ll earn a small commission. But in all honesty, these are the exact what I use and recommend to everyone, even my own family.

To see all my of most up-to-date recommendations, check out this resource that I made for you!


Mike Gilmour

Hi, I'm Mike, co-founder, and editor of RV and Playa. My passion is traveling (with my RV) and enjoying the day at the beach (Playa)! Well, I originally created this blog as a way to share what I've learned by experimenting with the RV lifestyle, and I want to help others develop in life through new skills and opportunities.

Recent Posts

error: Content is protected !!