Can You Get A Duplicate Car Title The Same Day In Oklahoma?

Can You Get A Duplicate Car Title The Same Day In Oklahoma

Have you ever wondered if you could get a duplicate car title the same day in Oklahoma? Well, look no more. We´ve got you covered.

So, you’ve lost or damaged your Oklahoma car title—now what? It may seem like the world is crashing around you but it’s actually not as big of a problem as you might think.

Oklahoma residents can simply request a duplicate car title and have it issued on the same day. Not sure how? Let us help!

So, can you get a duplicate car title the same day in Oklahoma? Yes, if you have the appropriate documents at hand, you can request a duplicate car title from your local Oklahoma Department of Motor Vehicles service center and have it issued on the same day.

They’ll verify your identity and process the application while you wait. The trick is to know what you need ahead of time.

Before you show up at your nearest DMV office, continue reading to find out which documents you’ll need to prepare.

Having everything in order before you arrive will help expedite the application process and guarantee that you leave with a certified copy of your car title on the same day.

How to Get a Duplicate Car Title in the Same Day in North Carolina

Whether you’re in a rush or just want to get the task out of the way, the fastest method to replace a damaged or missing car title is to head to your local DMV.

The Oklahoma Department of Motor Vehicles should have your title and personal information on record and can reissue a duplicate within the same afternoon.

When you submit your request, you’ll need to complete Form 701-7 (Application for Duplicate Title). You can request this form from the DMV or print it off at home and fill it out before you arrive.

The DMV is notorious for long waits, so it’s best to arrive with everything in hand. Additionally, you’ll need to prepare the following documents:

  • A current government-issued photo ID to verify your identification
  • Your vehicle’s license and registration numbers
  • Information about your vehicle include the make and model year
  • Any information about current or past liens against your vehicle

If there are currently any liens against your vehicle, you will have to provide a signed letter of authorization from the lienholder, validating that you have permission to duplicate your title.

This letter should be printed on formal letterhead. Additionally, you can submit a lien release form with your application if you have satisfied the lien.

When you apply in person, be prepared to pay $11.00 for a duplication fee in the form of a check, money order, or cash.

If you wish to pay by card, the Oklahoma DMV will also accept Visa and MasterCard.

As soon as they have verified your payment and information, the DMV will then reissue you a certified copy of your car title.

Read also: Can You Get A Duplicate Car Title The Same Day In Pennsylvania?

How to Apply for a Duplicate Car Title if You Have Moved Out of State

If you are no longer living in Oklahoma, you likely won’t be able to make it to an Oklahoma DMV in time to replace your car title on the same day.

Instead, you should apply through the mail. This will take up to 10 business days, so be sure that all of your documents are in order when you submit your forms.

Have all currently listed owners sign the application form and submit photocopies of their IDs so the local DMV can verify their identities. If you make any mistakes on the form, they may deny your application and send it back, causing further delays. At most, this can take up to 4 weeks.  

Furthermore, you won’t be able to pay by cash or card if you apply by mail. Include a personal check, money order, or cashier’s check worth $12.50 in your shipping envelope, made out to the Oklahoma Tax Commission.

Once all of your information is securely sealed in a shipping envelope, address your application to the Oklahoma Tax Commission Motor Vehicle Division at 2501 North Lincoln Boulevard in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73194.

As soon as they can verify your information, they’ll process your application and mail your duplicate car title to whichever address they have on file.

Changing the Address or Owners on Your Car Title

If you no longer live at the address currently registered to your vehicle’s title, you can use this as an opportunity to edit that information.

Submit a notarized Form 701-6 with the updated information along with the necessary payments.

If you have moved out of state, though, you should submit Form 701-7, which states that you are no longer a resident of Oklahoma.


As stressful as it may seem, losing or damaging your vehicle’s title isn’t as big of a deal as you think.

As long as you have the proper documentation and can make it to an Oklahoma DMV in person, you can request a duplicate car title and have it issued on the same day.

However, if you live out of state, you’ll have to apply by mail.


Mike Gilmour

Hi, I'm Mike, co-founder, and editor of RV and Playa. My passion is traveling (with my RV) and enjoying the day at the beach (Playa)! Well, I originally created this blog as a way to share what I've learned by experimenting with the RV lifestyle, and I want to help others develop in life through new skills and opportunities.

Recent Posts

error: Content is protected !!