Have you ever asked yourself or your friend what is the limit for returns to Home Depot or how many times can you return to Home Depot without a receipt? Well, you are at the perfect place to find the answer to such questions.
Home Depot is the world’s largest home-improvement retailer. Its first stores were humongous, 60,000 square foot warehouses that carried far more products than any other hardware store at the time.
Today, stores average 105,000 square feet, and, combined with their website, sell more than one million products.
With that immense number of products, Home Depot requires a streamlined, efficient return policy.
So, how many times can you return to Home Depot without a receipt? There is a limit of three refunds without a receipt in a 90-day period at Home Depot. You‘ll need to provide your name and some form of ID too. Home Depot’s return policy will let you return most items within 90 days of purchase, with or without a receipt. If you can’t locate your receipt and you used a credit card, debit card or check to make the purchase, Home Depot may be able to locate it in their system.
You can also use your shipping confirmation email for proof-of-purchase if the item was bought online.
In this post we’ll delve deep into Home Depot’s return policy, including how to make a return without a receipt.
Table of Contents
Do I have to have a receipt to return an item bought at Home Depot?
You do not have to have a receipt to return an item purchased at Home Depot. As long as you don’t let too much time go by, Home Depot may be able to locate the receipt in their records. Here are the details:
- If the purchase was made using a credit card, a debit card or check: Visit the store within 30 days of purchase and Home Depot may be able to locate the purchase in their records.
- If the purchase was made with a Home Depot Consumer Credit Card, a Home Depot Commercial Revolving Charge, or a Home Depot Commercial Account, your records may be stored for one year after purchase in their system.
- If you made the purchase online: Bring the shipping confirmation email into the store, along with the new, unopened item and your valid photo ID to begin the return process.
- If you are unable to locate your receipt and Home Depot doesn’t have a record of the purchase, don’t worry! You can still return the item for Store Credit. The Credit will be for the lowest advertised price for the item. Just bring in the item in new, unopened condition and a valid photo ID.
Can I return a gift bought at Home Depot?
Yes, you can return a gift bought at Home Depot, and you do not need a gift receipt. However, you won’t get cash for it.
You will receive a Home Depot Gift Card for the value of the lowest advertised price of the gift.
Read also >> Home Depot Return Policy (Full Guide)
Which are some exceptions to Home Depot’s return policy?
There are a few exceptions to the 90-day return window that Home Depot offers.
- 365 day return window: If you have a Home Depot Consumer Credit Card, a Home Depot Commercial Revolving Charge, or a Home Depot Commercial Account, you’ll get a one-year return window for most products.
- 30 day return window: These products need to be returned within 30 days of purchase:
- Area Rugs
- Gas-powered generators (except whole house and stationary generators)
- Consumer Electronics
- 90 day return window: Home Depot Design Center products must be returned to a Design Center within 90 days, even if you made the purchase using a Home Depot Consumer Credit Card, a Home Depot Commercial Revolving Charge, or a Home Depot Commercial Account.
Finally, there are a few items that Home Depot won’t accept for return or refund, including major appliances, utility trailers, cut flowers, gift cards, product samples, and custom products.
For other exceptions to the Home Depot return policy, check here.
How do I return an item purchased at Home Depot?
To return an item in person:
You can return an item bought at a Home Depot store or bought online at HomeDepot.com by taking it back to any Home Depot store.
Gather the following:
- The new, unopened item
- The receipt, gift receipt, or shipping confirmation email
- The credit or debit card used to make the purchase
- Your valid, government-issued photo ID
Bring these items to any Home Depot store. They will guide you through the return process. If you don’t have a proof-of-purchase, you may receive a Store Credit for the lowest advertised price of the item.
To return a Home Depot item purchased online by shipping it back:
You can return items purchased at Home Depot.com either by going to the store or by shipping it back.
To ship it back, begin the return process at HomeDepot.com. You may have to pay for the return shipping charges unless the reason for the return is an error on Home Depot’s part.
- Click on the link “Return Items”
- If your order is eligible for online return, Home Depot will email you a shipping label to print out.
- Package your new, unopened item and attach the shipping label to it.
- Drop off your package at any UPS access point location.
- If the item is too large to drop off, or if you need any other help shipping your return, contact Home Depot for assistance at 1-800-430-3376.
When will I get my refund?
If you made the return at a store, you’ll get credited immediately at the time of the return. If you returned the item by mail, the credit will be issued when Home Depot receives and processes the return at their warehouse.
Either way, it may take 2-10 business days for your credit to post to your account.
Here are some of my favorite services, products, and Stores
There are affiliate links, so if you do decide to use any of them, I´ll earn a small commission. But in all honesty, these are the exact what I use and recommend to everyone, even my own family.
To see all my of most up-to-date recommendations, check out this resource that I made for you!
Do you know what Home Depot's return policy without receipt is or Home Depot's return policy with no receipt? this is one of the questions our readers ask a lot. Well, we´ve got you covered. Home...
Have you ever asked yourself or your friend if Home Depot sells Amazon gift cards? Well, you are at the perfect place to find the answer to such a question. No, Home Depot does not sell Amazon...