Are you at your local Vons store purchasing your grocery shop for the week and do not have your bank card?
Have you been wondering if there’s an easier way to pay for your shopping? Do Vons accept Apple Pay? You are in the right place for the answer to these questions.
Vons is a supermarket chain with 325 stores across Southern California and Southern Nevada.
Does Vons take Apple Pay? Yes, Vons accept Apple Pay in all of their stores and locations. This is an easy way to pay, meaning customers can use an iPhone or Apple Watch to purchase groceries. Vons have accepted Apple Pay as a payment method since 2017 and accept other digital method such as Google/Android Pay and Samsung Pay.
Read on to find out more about whether Vons accepts Apple Pay and which other payment methods they accept including Samsung Pay and Google/Android Pay.
What is Vons?
Vons is a supermarket chain owned by Albertsons, the second-largest supermarket operator in the U.S. Vons was originally owned by Safeway Inc before it was acquired by Albertsons.
Vons operates supermarkets in the Southern California and Southern Nevada states.
Vons was originally founded in 1906 and has now turned into a huge supermarket retailer, operating 325 store locations across the U.S.
What Do Vons Sell?
Vons sells a variety of grocery products such as meats, seafood, dairy products, deli goods, bakery goods, frozen goods, snacks, liquor, pharmacy, stamps, gift cards, and more.
Vons offers customers three ways to shop:
- In-store shopping and purchasing in a local Vons store.
- Vons curb side pickup, where you purchase groceries using the Vons App and request curb side pickup to have your groceries brought out to your car rather than walking around the store to purchase them.
- Vons home delivery service, which again involves purchasing groceries through the Vons App but instead choosing the home delivery option. Vons deliver 7 days a week in most locations. You can order home delivery with Vons directly or through third party delivery services such as Instacart.
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is a digital payment method that can be used with Apple devices such as iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac.
Adding your card or bank details to your Apple wallet allows you to create a digital wallet to make payments.
This means that you do not need to carry a bank card and instead, your Apple device can be used for contactless payments, credit or debit payments, and chip and PIN transactions.
This is an easy method of payment, and security is ensured through two-factor authentication such as a passcode, PIN, Touch ID, or Face ID.
Apple Pay can be used when paying online on Safari, on iOS apps, or for in-store purchases.
Apple Pay can only be used on Apple devices, and not on Google, Android, Samsung, or Microsoft. Google/Android and Samsung have also created their own Pay methods which work in the same way as Apple Pay but for their own devices and apps.
Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay are accepted in most stores nationwide.
Does Vons Accept Apple Pay In-Store?
Yes, Vons does accept Apple Pay at all of its stores and locations. Vons began accepting Apple Pay as a form of payment in 2017.
Does Vons Accept Apple Pay Online?
Vons offers at-home grocery delivery which can be ordered and paid for online. You can order groceries directly with Vons or through other delivery services such as Instacart.
If placing an order with Vons directly, Apple Pay is not accepted for online orders like it is in-store.
Instacart is one of the delivery providers for Vons, and Instacart does accept Apple Pay as online payment.
Does Vons Accept Samsung Pay In-Store?
Yes, Vons accepts Samsung Pay in all of its stores and locations.
Does Vons Accept Google/Android Pay In-Store?
Yes, Vons accepts Google/Android Pay in all of its stores and locations.
What Other Payment Methods Does Vons Accept?
Vons accept a variety of payment methods in stores, including:
- Apple Pay
- Google/Android Pay
- Samsung Pay
- Albertsons Pay
- Credit cards – MasterCard, Visa, Discover Card, American Express
- Debit cards
- EBT and SNAP (for eligible items)
- WIC (for eligible items)
- Albertsons gift cards
- Personal checks
How Do You Pay at Vons Using Apple Pay?
It is very easy to pay at Vons using Apple Pay through an Apple Watch, iPhone, or iPad.
- When paying for your purchase, select the ‘card’, ‘contactless’, or ‘Apple Pay’ payment option, whichever option appears on the system.
- Click into your Apple Wallet and select Apple Pay.
- Double-click quickly on your iPhone’s right-side button.
- Complete the two-factor authentication that pops up, such as entering the PIN or passcode, looking at the screen for Face ID or placing your finger on the sensor for Touch ID.
- Hold your phone or watch over the contactless payment reader for a few seconds until the payment goes through. It should make a beep, green light, or check mark.
How Do You Know If Your Local Store Accepts Apple Pay?
All Vons stores in all locations accept Apple Pay, yet there are other grocery stores which do not accept it at all or may only accept Apple Pay in certain locations.
Through the Apple website and Apple Maps you can easily find out which stores accept Apple Pay, to ensure you have the right payment method for each store you are visiting.
Visit Apple’s webpage, which lists each major retailer that accepts Apple Pay and regularly updates the list, allowing you to search whether your local stores accept Apple Pay.
You can also find the information through the Apple Maps app, by searching for your location in maps and checking which local stores accept Apple Pay.
- Open Apple Maps.
- Search for a specific store and select the one that is in your local area.
- Scroll down to the ‘Useful to Know’ information.
- A checkmark will appear next to the store if it accepts Apple Pay.
Read also: Does CVS Take Apple Pay? (Yes, Here Is How!)
Here are some of my favorite services, products, and Stores
I created this resource page to easily list recommended services, products, and companies that I use and/or those I know are valuable.
This way you can quickly find great products and services all in one place. You can save thousands of dollars all from one page!
There are affiliate links, so if you do decide to use any of them, I´ll earn a small commission. But in all honesty, these are the exact what I use and recommend to everyone, even my own family.
Are you visiting your local CVS pharmacy for a prescription or over-the-counter medication and are wondering whether CVS accepts Apple Pay? If you have forgotten your wallet or want to try and...
Have you ever asked yourself or your friend if Whole Foods use, accepts, or takes Apple pay? Well, you are at the perfect place to find the answer to such a question. Whole Food is a grocery chain...