Do you know what Arc’teryx lifetime warranty is? Well, you are at the perfect place to find the answer to such a question.
Arc’teryx is a popular clothing company that specializes in outdoor and climbing gear. The company has its headquarters in North Vancouver and also has teams in foreign locations like Tokyo, Munich, and Shanghai.
If you’re planning to shop from Arc’teryx soon, you may be wondering if the brand offers a lifetime warranty. If so, what does it cover?
If you properly care for the product, Arc’teryx products are designed to last a very long time. According to their Practical Product Lifespan, many of their clothing and gear is meant to last the normal lifetime of a product. If you have issues or problems with an item, you can get it repaired or replaced on warranty.
To know more about Arc’teryx and their warranty policy, keep reading.
What is Arc’teryx?
Arc’teryx is a fashion gear company based in Canada, specifically in the Coast Mountains. It was founded by local climbers back in 1989. Over the years it has become a big name and has been performing very well.
The products are currently being distributed at 3,000 retailers across the world and the company has more than 80 branded stores.
With their minimalist designs and consistent delivery, Arc’teryx is always evolving and has a fast-growing customer base.
Does Arc’teryx have a Lifetime Warranty?
According to Arc’teryx, their products are designed keeping durability and long life in mind. If you follow the care instructions carefully, the product should not have any problems. Arc’teryx has a Practical Product Lifespan policy which helps the company decide which warranty services apply to a particular product.
So, depending on the nature of a product, its use, the issue at hand, and the age of the product, an Arc’teryx customer service representative will determine how to go forward with each case.
This does make the warranty seem a little vague, but customers and their issues are usually dealt with very fairly.
Read also >> Does Patagonia Have a Lifetime Warranty? (What’s Covered, Claims + More)
What Does Practical Product Lifespan Mean?
Practical Product Lifespan refers to the wearable life of the product. This does not mean an unlimited time or lifetime as that is indefinite.
The usual life of the product can depend on how the customer uses it, the manner of use, and it takes into account the material used and its expected natural deterioration over time.
If your product eventually fades out over a few years, this is normal and simply means its time to get a new one. But if there is an actual problem or defect, then you can claim a warranty at Arc’teryx.
What is Arc’teryx Limited Time Warranty?
Arc’teryx has a Limited Time Warranty that is applicable on all purchases you make from the company. The terms and conditions for the warranty to be eligible are as follows:
- You need to be the original purchaser and have a valid proof of purchase. Plus, you must have bought the item from an authorized Arc’teryx dealer to be eligible for a warranty claim. The warranty will not be applicable for third-party sellers, unauthorized dealers, or those who are selling modified and altered products.
- The product should not be damaged due to misuse or abuse rather it should have been used normally.
Read also >> Hiking Fashion Ideas // What To Wear Hiking Clothes
How Long Does Arc’teryx Limited Warranty Last and What Does It Cover?
The time-period for the Limited Warranty can vary depending on the product, its material, and workmanship.
We have listed some of the product categories and their warranty time period below:
- Apparel – Practical Product Lifespan
- Accessories – Practical Product Lifespan
- Packs – Practical Product Lifespan
- Footwear (except ski boots) – 1 year from the date of purchase
- Climbing Gear – 2 years from the date of purchase
- Ski Boots – 1 year from the date of purchase
- Voltair Airbag (without battery) – 3 years from the date of purchase by the original purchaser or 50 inflations
- Voltair Airbag Battery – 1 year from the date of purchase
- Ski Boots – 1 year from the date of purchase
What Does Arcteryx do if your Product is Under Warranty?
If your product is subject to the warranty, Arc’teryx will make a decision depending on your individual case and offer one of the following:
(1) repair the product without any additional charges.
(2) replace the product with another one of the same model.
(3) replace the product with another comparable product, in case the first one has been discontinued or is unavailable.
(4) offer a voucher that you can use to purchase other products.
Note that a replaced product will not be under a new warranty period. The warranty period covers one replacement or repair per purchase.
What does the Warranty not cover?
Some cases are not eligible for the Limited Warranty. This includes:
- Damage caused as a result of abuse, accident, misuse, or negligence.
- Not following the care instructions mentioned clearly on the product. This includes incorrect washing methods.
- Rips, tears, or cuts.
- A burnt product.
- Natural wear & tear from regular use.
- Natural color fading or discoloration, minor scratching, or deformation.
- Repairing, modifying, or altering the product yourself or through an unauthorized third-party.
- Counterfeit or replica products.
- Products purchased without warranty or already used ones.
- Damage caused after the mentioned warranty period.
How to make a warranty claim at Arc’teryx?
To start the process of a warranty claim, you can visit the Arc’teryx website at https://arcteryx.com/help/product-service/service-request.
Now, you will fill out an online Product Service Form. This will require a photo of the original receipt you got from an authentic Arc’teryx dealer.
You will also be asked to show or mention the product and acknowledge that you have gone through all the terms and conditions of the Limited Warranty.
Once you have filled in the form and submitted it, the company will mail you a confirmation. If your request is accepted, they will also send you a Return Authorization Number and send you the instructions for shipping back the product.
Now, you must ship the product to the address shared by the company. Make sure to mention your Return Authorization Number. The product will be sent to an Arc’teryx Product Service Center for the warranty claim.
After receiving the product, the Arc’teryx technical team will examine the product and check if it is eligible under the limited warranty.
If the case is an authentic one, they will offer you one of the possible solutions.
What if my product isn’t covered by the Limited Warranty?
One possibility is that your product will be returned and there won’t be any other remedy. If possible, they will give you an option to get the product repaired by Arc’teryx.
However, this will be at your expense.
Is Arc’teryx Popular?
Yes, the luxury outdoor outfitter brand is quite popular. At one time it used to be a niche brand, specifically for the climbing community.
But now, it has become a fashion staple for all kinds of people. Without trying, the Canadian brand has attracted the attention of fashion and streetwear enthusiasts everywhere.
So, what makes Arc’teryx so popular? Their cool designs, use of premium materials, attention to detail, and impeccable making all work in harmony to create a valuable product.
This makes the clothing and gear quite durable and makes it value for money.
Now you know what the Arc’teryx warranty policy looks like and how you can go about it if you ever face any issue with your products.
We hope this was a helpful read and that it will help you in the future.
Does Patagonia Have a Lifetime Warranty? (What’s Covered, Claims + More)
Do you know if Patagonia has a Lifetime warranty? this is one of the questions our readers ask a lot. Well, we´ve got you covered. Patagonia is an outdoor clothing retailer and a fairly popular...
Hiking Accidents Statistics: 18 Facts Trends To Consider (Explained)
Are you looking for hiking accidents statistics facts and trends? Hiking can be one of the most fun and exciting pastimes, even for people who don’t traditionally love exercise. As someone...