Do you know what Amazon Laptop Replacement Policy is? this is one of the questions our readers ask a lot. Well, we´ve got you covered.
Amazon has been a gamechanger in the world of online shopping. The e-commerce giant has made every kind of product accessible to people across the world.
However, before you go ahead and add an item to your cart, you should take some time to understand Amazon’s replacement policy.
So, what is Amazon laptop replacement policy? According to Amazon laptop replacement policy, items like laptops or tablets can be returned after 30 days of purchasing them, only if there was a technical or functional issue like failure to start, or if you received it in damaged condition. Once used, the item is not acceptable as a return.
If you want to know more about returning electronics to Amazon, keep reading this article. We’ve covered all the details to help you with your shopping experience.
Table of Contents
What is Amazon’s Standard Return Policy?
The standard return policy for anything purchased from Amazon is that customers can return an item within 30 days of purchase and will be given a full refund. For holiday purchases, there is a bigger window to return an item.
In most cases, Amazon is very quick in giving refunds. So, it is typically a hassle-free and straightforward procedure.
In 2016, Amazon revised its return policy for certain high-value goods including electronics like desktops, laptops, tablets, cameras, and camera lenses.
What is Amazon’s Return Policy for Laptops?
According to the policy, a laptop or tablet cannot simply be returned if you don’t like the product upon receiving it or have changed your mind.
In this case, you shouldn’t even try to get a refund from Amazon. However, if the product is defective or damaged, then you may return it.
According to Amazon:
“In case you have received a defective or a damaged product, you will be eligible for a free replacement… Damaged/ defective items must be returned in the original condition they were received in with all the accompanying accessories.”
Even in this case, the return must be requested within 30 days of purchase.
Do Amazon Electronics Returns Have to be in Original Packaging?
Yes, you must ensure that the original packaging of the product is still intact and in good condition. It should also include any documentation, tags or manuals that came with the package.
If you try to use other packaging materials to return the product, Amazon will not accept it.
So, make sure to open the package carefully and do not discard or tear the packing before you have checked the product.
Does Amazon Return Electronics That Have Been Used?
No, the product should still be in brand new condition and not be used when you return it. If you tried to turn it on and it didn’t work or was found to be defective, then Amazon will take it back.
If your device was used, you may be able to sell it online through Amazon, using their trade-in program. You can also list the device as a “used” one and sell it on your own Amazon seller page.
Does Amazon Give a Full Refund for Electronics?
If the electronic device was found damaged upon arrival, and if you’ve made sure that the above-mentioned criteria is fulfilled, then Amazon will give a full refund. You can request for a full refund in the following way:
- Go to the “Your Orders” page on Amazon
- Select the particular order and then then click on “Request a refund”.
Amazon might take a week to process your request and respond to it. The refund should show up in your account around 3-5 business days after the request is approved.
How to Return An Electronic Item To Amazon?
In case your laptop, tablet, or electronic item is not working properly or arrived in a damaged condition, you can request for a return in the following way:
- Go to the “Your Orders” page after signing in to your Amazon account.
- Select the order and choose “Return or Replace Items.”
- Now, select the defected item and then choose the “Reason for return” option.
- You will choose how you want the return to be processed, and then print a return label and authorization.
- The authorization should be placed inside the package and the return label should be added before you ship it back.
Important Terms ; Conditions for Returning Computer and Electronics on Amazon
- A full refund is only eligible if the product didn’t start when it arrived, was damaged upon receiving, or is still in its unopened box, within 30 days after purchase.
- Amazon has the right to test the computer or electronic you want to return. The customer may also be imposed with 15% fees (of the product’s price) if they mispresented the condition or facts related to the product.
- If the product was damaged by customers’ misuse or tampering, or has missing parts, the customer may be charged with a high fee depending on the condition of the device.
- Remember to erase any personal information from the returning device, if you had already added it.
- Depending on the particular case, you might have to settle for a replacement.
Products you cannot simply return to Amazon
Some other products that will need a careful consideration by Amazon before they accept a return include:
- Health & personal care items
- Digital music
- Handmade or customized products (refundable if there is an error or defect)
- Fresh flowers (subject to refunds)
- Grocery items (refund or replacement may be possible in case of spoilage)
- Hazardous materials
- Live insects (might be refundable, but can’t be returned)
- Products without a serial code
- Prepaid phone or game cards
- Videos from Amazon Video Store
- Software downloads from Amazon App Store
- Theme park tickets
Before you hit the ‘Checkout’ button on Amazon, it would be a good idea to do some thorough research on the product and make sure you actually want it.
Also, take a look at the Seller’s Policy on Refunds and Returns before you buy anything from the e-commerce website.
Many sellers are open to offering replacements and even refunds if there is an actual issue with the product. So, make sure to request it within the mentioned time period and always handle the product and its packing with care.
We hope this guide was useful for you and will help you make more informed decisions on your next online shopping spree.
Here are some of my favorite services, products, and Stores
There are affiliate links, so if you do decide to use any of them, I´ll earn a small commission. But in all honesty, these are the exact what I use and recommend to everyone, even my own family.
To see all my of most up-to-date recommendations, check out this resource that I made for you!
Have you ever asked yourself or your friend what Amazon's return policy for opened electronics is? Well, you are at the perfect place to find the answer to such a question. Amazon is easily the...
Have you ever asked yourself or your friend what Walmart's return policy for opened electronics is? Well, you are at the perfect place to find the answer to such a question. Despite the recent...