It’s a common story: you walk into Kroger and there is no one at the service desk. Very rarely do you see someone standing there? If you do, it’s when there’s a line of customers waiting to return something, get a money order, acquire a rain check for out-of-stock items and etc.
So, what time does the Kroger service desk close? Technically, they close when the store closes. Depending on the location, this can be as early as 10 pm or as late as midnight. But the truth of the matter is that since the SARS-COV-2 lockdown measures, they’ve been short on staff.
Even before this time, there was a decrease in people being able to work the service counter. More often than not, they call someone from the checkout aisles to help someone waiting at the service desk.
Table of Contents
How Do I Get the Attention of the Service Desk When at Kroger?
If you’re looking for some help at Kroger’s service desk and there’s no one around, there are a few things you can do. Many locations will have some sort of bell or call button you can push. Usually, this will do the trick and someone will come out of the office.
However, if it’s later at night, you may have to speak to a cashier. They’ll be able to page someone using their in-store system.
This means you should try calling ahead to see if anyone is available to help you. The length of time it takes someone to answer the phone can provide a gauge for service desk availability.
But, if you have tried this in the past and had an experience akin to pulling teeth, you can contact their corporate customer service phone number.
Alternatively, you can use the live chat feature on the website or send them an email. Kindly detail what it is you need and politely state your experience with the service desk at your local store.
What Can I Take Care of at Kroger’s Service Desk?
Kroger’s service desk can handle a host of issues and other customer needs that go beyond the normal cashier. This can be making a return or exchange for an item you purchased.
Or, you can get recall information and obtain a rain check for weekly sale items the store doesn’t have in stock.
Likewise, you can get a Loyalty Rewards card, phone cards concert tickets, price matching, coupon validity check, lottery tickets and handle financial transactions. However, if you have a problem with availability at your local Kroger, consider using Money Services Express.
Money Services Express
Money Services Express is a joint effort in connection with Western Union to make service desk transactions more efficient, convenient, and easier. You can pay bills like utility, phone, rent, mortgage, or cable along with sending money worldwide.
In fact, many major grocery chains offer this. So, if your local Kroger isn’t always available, you can do it through these as well.
What’s great is that you can begin a transaction online via your Kroger Loyalty Rewards account and then go to your nearest location to complete your transaction.
This means they will either direct you to a customer service desk that will be available or alert your local store that you’re coming in soon.
The business you can handle through Money Services Express is as follows:
- Money Orders: You can acquire a money order without having a bank account for a small fee. Depending on where you live, this will be around $1 or less. But, you must do this with a credit card. If using checks or cash, you must go through Kroger’s service desk.
- Pay Bills: You can pay almost any monthly bills with a network of over 15,000 billers. You just need your billing stub and/or your account number along with your credit card. If you have to pay with cash or check, you have to go to the service desk for help.
- Money Transfers: Via Ria Money Transfer and Western Union, you can send money to anyone anywhere in the world. You even have the choice of how your recipient will get the money: in their bank account, as a money order, a cash payout, an ATM payout, mobile wallet, or even send it to their home.
- Cashing Checks: You can cash many different types of checks with Money Services Express. These can be payroll, government issuances, insurance settlements, income tax refunds, child support, debit card cashing, and business checks. You need to provide two forms of ID.
- Prepaid Cards: There are a host of prepaid card options you can receive at Kroger through Money Services Express. Many restrictions, rules, additional fees, and regulations will apply. However, it’s a convenient way to load a prepaid credit card.
Are There Other Automated Service Desk Options?
Aside from Money Services Express, Kroger has many kiosks and vending machines to help you get other necessary things. Some of these you use in tandem with the service desk and others are self-service. All of these are available during normal business hours.
You can get prepaid calling cards, long distance phone cards, check cashing, and money transfers that will involve the service desk at some point.
But, in regards to calling cards, you can reload those independently online through your Kroger account.
However, if you want to get a key copied with KeyMe or turn your coin stash into cash with CoinStar, there are self-service kiosks at your disposal.
These are very easy to use and quite self-explanatory. They are quick and convenient without needing to go to the service desk.
Kroger’s service desk closes at the same time the store does. Depending on your location, this can be anywhere from 10 pm to midnight.
But, if you have an issue finding someone available to help you, there are other things you can do. You can use Money Express Services for financial matters or contact the company’s main customer service center.
People ask, does Kroger accept EBT online? If you need to stock up on groceries for the week but don’t feel like leaving the house, you can always order them online. Does Kroger accept EBT...
Have you ever wondered if Kroger does cash checks? Well, look no more. We´ve got you covered. Bernard Kroger founded Krogers all the way back in 1883 and today Krogers is the second-largest...