People ask, how long do I cook beef joint in a slow cooker?
Slow cooking a beef joint can be an enjoyable experience and if done properly, the results can be mouth-wateringly perfect.
On average, to cook Beef joint in a slow cooker, you could expect around 3-4 hours at a high-temperature setting and 6-7 hours at a low setting. However, the cooking time of a beef joint in a slow cooker depends on the temperature setting.
Read on to learn more about cooking a beef joint in a slow cooker. Find out some tips for the process and discover the best beef cuts for slow cooking. Happy reading!
Table of Contents
How long to cook beef joint in a slow cooker?
How long you should cook a beef joint in a slow cooker depends on how well done your beef is and the temperature setting you choose.
On average, you can cook a beef joint at a high temperature setting for 3 to 4 hours, or a low one for 6 to 7 hours for best results.
The cooking time also depends on the cut of the meat. If you have a topside joint, you can cook it for a considerably shorter period than a brisket. Brisket can be cooked for up to 7 hours.
It’s also a good idea to check the temperature of the meat at regular intervals using a digital thermometer.
This is sometimes necessary for cuts that take less time to cook.
Slow cooker recipe for beef joint
Here’s a recipe for cooking a beef joint using a slow cooker:
· Marinate the joint using salt, garlic, and other spices.
· Place vegetables like carrots and onions in the cooker and place the joint on top of them. Add beef stock too.
· Cover the lid of the cooker, set the temperature setting to low, and cook for about 3.5 hours. Again, the time required for cooking can vary depending on the cut of the meat.
· Take the joint out after it has cooked and place it on a serving platter.
· Carve the beef and serve with gravy, sides, and your desired vegetables.
Please note that the cooking time for the meat can depend on the size of the cut, its type, as well as the efficiency/power of the cooker.
Older or low-powered cookers can significantly increase the cooking time.
How to Make Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast >> Check out the video below:
What are some tips for cooking beef joint in slow cooker?
Here are a few tips for you to get the best results when slow cooking a beef joint.
Firstly, some cuts slow-cook better than other ones and the results can be better too.
Brisket is one of the best cuts for slow cooking (more on that later) and cooks well at a low temperature setting. The topside and silverside cuts cook well too.
Secondly, browning your beef joint is an excellent idea as it adds more flavor. The reaction that takes place during browning is known as the Maillard reaction.
This step isn’t necessary though, and you can skip it if you want.
Which cuts of beef are best for slow cooking?
Some cuts of beef are easier to slow-cook than other ones. Here, we mention some of the best cuts for slow cooking.
The silverside cut is one of the easiest to cook in a slow cooker. It is taken from near the hind legs area of the cow and can easily cook for 7 to 8 hours at a low temperature. ‘
Beef joints are also easy to slow-cook. As previously mentioned, they can be easily cooked for 4-7 hours depending on the temperature setting.
Brisket is an excellent cut for slow cooking. It is taken from the cow’s breast and cooks well at low temperatures for up to 8 hours.
How to clean your slow cooker?
It is essential to clean slow cookers properly after they’re used. Here are a few steps to help walk you through the cleaning process.
· Disconnect the slow cooker and fill it with lukewarm water.
· Add about 8 tablespoons of distilled vinegar. The amount of vinegar added depends on the size of the slow cooker.
· Now add 8 to 10 tablespoons of baking soda. Again, more baking soda can be added for bigger slow cookers.
· Put the lid on the slow cooker, adjust the temperature setting to low, and let it run for 45 minutes.
· When done, pour out the cleaning solution and let the slow cooker cool for 15 minutes.
· Scrub the inside with an old toothbrush to scrape away any remaining pieces of food.
· Now rinse your slow cooker once with water and dry the inside with a clean cloth.
Best slow cookers you can buy
If you’re thinking of buying a slow cooker, there are a lot of options available and so deciding which one to buy can be difficult.
Here is a list of some of the best slow cookers you can buy:
2. KitchenAid 6 Quart Slow Cooker with Standard Lid
Slow cooking a beef joint in a slow cooker can yield great results if done correctly. It is one of the best ways to cook beef and requires relatively less effort on your part.
There are a few things you have to take care of while slow cooking, such as how long you should cook the beef joint and what temperature setting you should use.
All in all, it can be a fun and relaxing experience!
Do you know when to add vegetables to the slow cooker? What are the most helpful tips when cooking with a slow cooker? These are the questions our readers ask a lot. Well, we´ve got you...
People ask, how long do I cook a 2lb roast in a slow cooker? Typically, to cook a 2lb Roast in a slow cooker, you could plan around 3 to 4 hours on high heat, or 6 to 8 hours on low. However,...